Skate Street Surfers Paradise share some tips & tricks for getting started on roller skates so you can become a pro in no time.
First Skate Session
- Make sure your skates fit properly
- Always wear your protective gear - knee pads, elbow pads and wrist guards
- Lace your laces well and all the way to the top
- Find a nice even and flat surface
- Bend knees and keep your balance
- Come down gently if you feel like you are going to fall
How to Stand Up with Roller Skates
- Start off in a cross legged position
- Then while sitting twist around and stand up slowly
PRO TIP: Try and put your skates on sitting on a park bench or something similar, easier to stand
Stopping on Roller Skates
- While skating slowly, bend one knee and drag one toe stopper
- Drag your other foot behind you
- Keep your weight balanced when stopping
PRO TIP: Pretend your meeting the Queen and you have to curtsey
Time to Skate
- Bend your knees slightly
- Keep your back straight and your core tight
- Create a "V" Shape with your skates
- Start by taking very small steps forward
- Push your leg out and alternate each time, shift your body from side to side
PRO TIP: Practice, practice, practice! Within approximately 20 hours you should have the hang of it.
MORE TIPS COMING SOON...
Skate Street Surfers Paradise Tips & Tricks for Roller Skating. Have a trick or tip you would like to share with us? Send us in your video to be featured. New tips and tricks coming soon...
COPYRIGHT 2021 SKATE STREET